Victoria is an employment lawyer with a focus on enterprise bargaining and industrial relations.
Victoria is a Senior Associate in the Employment, Industrial Relations and Safety practice at Herbert Smith Freehills. Victoria has wide ranging experience across all areas of workplace law obtained in private practice, at an employer organisation and as an Associate at the Fair Work Commission.
Victoria regularly advises clients on a range of employment relations matters, including industrial disputes, employment litigation, equal opportunity and discrimination, enterprise bargaining and managing complex misconduct and termination of employment cases. She has worked with businesses from a range of industries including retail, health, banking and finance, building and construction, public transport, aviation and infrastructure. Victoria’s broad experience enables her to provide strategic, commercial and practical advice to clients.
Victoria holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Business from La Trobe University. Victoria is admitted to practice as a solicitor in the High Court of Australia, the Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Experience & expertise
- advising on all stages of enterprise agreement making – including provision of strategic industrial relations and enterprise bargaining advice
- advising on employment rights and conditions under enterprise agreements, modern awards, contracts of employment and the Fair Work Act
- provision of general employment law advice, including drafting and negotiating contracts, managing ill and injured employees, managing redundancies, termination of employment and disciplinary issues, underpayment claims and drafting workplace policies
- representing clients in anti-bullying, discrimination, unfair and unlawful dismissal claims in the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia
- drafting and enforcing post-employment restraints
- advising on key employment risks in corporate transactions