Currently on secondment to Prolegis LLC, our Formal Law Alliance partner firm in Singapore.
Victor is a corporate transactional lawyer specialising in the TMT sector.
Victor has over 12 years of experience as a corporate M&A, investments and transactional lawyer, specialising in private capital and in the technology, media and telecoms sector. He advises on a wide range of corporate transactions, including domestic and international M&A, joint ventures, minority investments and series fund raisings. Victor has acted for some of the most prominent global and regional names, including Apple, GIC, Goldman Sachs, Sequoia Capital, Grab and SoftBank.
In particular, Victor has a focus on venture and growth capital, and in acting for investors into, as well as emerging and growth companies in the start-up ecosystem in Singapore, Southeast Asia, and India.
Qualified in Singapore as well as in England and Wales, Victor has spent several years practising in London and has extensive experience executing transactions in both developed and developing jurisdictions, across both APAC and EMEA.
Victor is currently seconded to Prolegis LLC, our Formal Law Alliance partner firm in Singapore.
Experience & expertise
- Growth/late stage investor-side fundraising roles for growth capital, sovereign wealth, and private equity funds, including investments in respect of GoTo, Indonesia's most valuable tech company, bolttech, DailyBox, Data Republic, Giift, G7 Networks, Hike, Immunocore, MoEngage, Octopus, Ola, Shopback, Tyme Bank, and Thought Machine
- Venture/early stage investor-side fundraising roles for venture capital funds and corporate venture capital divisions, including investments in respect of Adventus, Blue Ocean, Bossa Studios, Build-a-Rocket-Boy, Chekk, Faethm, Feebris, Qoala, Mosaic Solutions, Partior, Previse, Prowler.io, Sekal, and TagTeam Technologies
- Company-side fundraising roles, for Beam Mobility, one of Asia Pacific's largest and fastest-growing shared micromobility company in respect of its US$93 million Series B funding round, and Pomelo Fashion, an online fashion marketplace and e-tailer, in its Series B fund raising, the largest Series B funding round in Thailand at the time
- Apple Inc., in a strategic acquisition of PowerbyProxi, a leading wireless charging technology company, and a key contributor to the Qi standard, the industry leading standard for wireless charging
- DigitalBridge and Columbia Capital, two American digital infrastructure funds in the formation of its Asia Pacific fibre platform, Xenith IG, and acquisitions of terrestrial fibre optic networks in Singapore and Hong Kong, from Superloop
- GIC, the Singapore sovereign wealth fund, in respect of its investment in a pan-European rolling stock business, a greentech business active in renewables, hydrogen, battery and digital solutions, and an Asian finance company
- Goldman Sachs, in respect of its proprietary investments in an innovation-led global biopharmaceuticals company, and a customer data analytics and engagement platform
- Grab, Southeast Asia's leading ride-hailing, logistics services and payments technology company, in respect of its joint ventures for credit scoring services and digital lending, digital insurance distribution, consumer and enterprise geo-mapping, navigation and location-based services, its investment and commercial partnership with an online grocery delivery business, and a consumer payments and deals platform
- SoftBank in respect of its investments in Grab, Hike Messenger and Ola.