Umu is an associate in the Projects and Project Finance division in Dubai.
Umu has experience with a wide range of financing structures and advises clients in various industries (including renewables, social infrastructure, mining, water and wastewater projects).
First Class in Undergraduate degree in Biomedical Sciences completed at the University of Sussex (2014 – 2017).
Distinction in Graduate Diploma in Law completed at the University of Sussex (2018).
Distinction in LLM-LPC completed at BPP Law School (2019).
Experience & expertise
- Aramex (a multinational logistics, courier and delivery company) on the financing for its acquisition of a shop-and-ship service
- the Lenders in relation to an Islamic refinancing and capex facility for the expansion of petrochemical plants operated by Methanol Chemicals Company in Saudi Arabia
- a consortium of lenders in their capacity as senior lenders providing financing to the project company provided to an oil company for the production, exploration and development of oil located in Brazil
- a lender in respect of the facility provided to Alufer Mining Limited for the operation of its bauxite mine and assets in the Republic of Guinea and
- the lenders to the Mirfa 2 water project in Abu Dhabi.