Truman's practice focuses on general commercial litigation and contentious financial regulatory matters, with experience in matters involving multi-jurisdiction disputes, economic tort, fraud, shareholder disputes, financial regulatory proceedings, administrative law and constitutional law.
He has experience working with clients in various sectors, including financial services sector, shipping, consumer products, telecommunications, construction as well as high-net-worth individuals.
Truman is fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese).
Truman's experience includes advising:
- high profile individuals in the shipping industry in defending a Mareva Injunction and associated civil litigation in Hong Kong involving allegations of fraud and conspiracy across multiple jurisdictions
- a global financial institution in respect of a SFC regulatory investigation regarding possible proceedings before the Market Misconduct Tribunal, the Court of First Instance and disciplinary proceedings
- a global product manufacturer in making submissions to the Legislative Council and the Government of Hong Kong and advising on judicial challenge against change in certain product control regulations
- an investment and financial services company in connection with disputes relating to several non-recourse loan agreements and an interim injunction over shares of a Hong Kong listed company
- an electronic product manufacturer listed in the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong in connection with a cross border dispute relating to disclosure of trade secrets and confidential information
Truman holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of New South Wales. He is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong and as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.