Triska works collaboratively with clients on their complex and high value disputes. Over more than two decades Triska has helped clients avoid or resolve disputes, using her skills in negotiation, litigation and arbitration.
Triska is focused on delivering strong commercial outcomes, assisted by her thorough understanding of their business and the industries her clients operate in.
She has particular interest and experience in gas supply contract issues, joint venture disputes and price review arbitrations.
Triska has over 20 years’ experience in advising and representing clients in commercial litigation proceedings in the Western Australian courts as well as administrative tribunals, such as the State Administrative Tribunal and Liquor Commission. She is also experienced in resolving disputes through alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, such as mediation and arbitration.
Triska develops effective long-term client relationships. Her clients benefit from her project management skills and ability to work collaboratively with expert advisers in other disciplines. She regularly assists her clients in managing regulatory risks and engaging with regulators.
Triska has recently:
- acted for the North West Shelf Gas JV in relation to a number of ongoing disputes with the buyer under a long term gas sale agreement
- advised Santos in a series of joint venture disputes with an operator in relation to gas processing facilities
- assisted several WA domestic gas market participants with price review processes, including successfully preserving an arbitration award for the North West Shelf following a Supreme Court challenge by the buyer
- obtained various regulatory approvals and handled several contentious liquor licensing applications for Coles Liquor (part of the Coles/Wesfarmers group of companies)
- managed and negotiated settlement of disputes with non-settling purchasers at various developments for several major property developers in WA