Tomas has experience advising clients on ACCC investigations and enforcement, cartels, contested merger clearances and regulatory matters.
His experience includes advising:
- a major digital platform on competition law issues
- a group of digital technology companies on an ACCC investigation concerning consumer law issues
- a major international bank on a landmark criminal cartel prosecution
- an ASX 100 company on a criminal cartel prosecution
- a range of companies on regulatory matters, including responding to ACCC notices
- TPG in Federal Court proceedings against the ACCC relating to its merger with Vodafone Hutchison
Tomas studied law at the University of Technology Sydney, graduating with the University Medal and First Class Honours.
He has worked in Hong Kong, Tel Aviv and London, including at the Herbert Smith Freehills London office.