Tom works predominantly with Damien Hazard, one of Australia’s leading private equity and private M&A lawyers.
Tom advises a range of Australian and international clients on leveraged acquisitions, disposals, restructures, capital raisings, joint ventures and W&I insurance.
Tom has also undertaken a secondment as legal counsel at Archer Capital, a leading Australian private equity firm. Prior to joining the firm, Tom worked for a number of years at the Macquarie Group.
Tom is actively involved in managing some of the firm’s key private equity client relationships. Tom also runs regular training for a number of the firm’s private equity clients and their teams.
Tom’s experience includes advising:
- The Growth Fund on its investments in My Pet Warehouse, Guest Group, Fitness Passport, CareTrac, M&J Chickens, Black Mount Spring Water, Quantum Radiology, Soar Aviation and Askin Performance Panels
- Mercury Capital on the sale of Australian Animal Hospitals to Vet Partners
- Archer Capital on the sale of Brownes Dairy to Shanghai Ground Food Tech and Craveable Brands to PAG Asia Capital
- Pacific Equity Partners and Blum Capital on the sale of Xtralis to Honeywell
- Adamantem Capital on its acquisition of Zenitas Healthcare (with Liverpool Partners) by way of scheme of arrangement
- Potentia Capital on its acquisition of Education Horizons Group by way of unlisted takeover bid
- GenesisCare on its investment from KKR
- CIMIC on the sale of Leighton and Thiess Services and the creation of the Ventia joint venture with Apollo Global Management
- Ventia (and its shareholders CIMIC and Apollo) on the acquisition of Broadspectrum
- Ansarada on its Series A capital raise
- SafetyCulture on its Series B capital raise
Tom holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Industrial Relations) from the University of Sydney and a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) from the University of Technology Sydney.