Tom advises primarily on corporate M&A and restructuring, initial public offerings, corporate governance and regulatory matters, and foreign direct investment in joint ventures in the People’s Republic of China. He has extensive experience in the global offerings of Chinese state-owned enterprises and red chip companies.
His clients include Sinopec, CNOOC, PRC State Grid, China Three Gorges Power, Huaneng Power, Shenhua Energy, China Merchants Bank, China Everbright Bank, COFCO, China Development Bank, China Exim Bank, etc.
He is the adjunct associate professor of the Master of Finance programme of The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Tom speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Tom has advised:
- Not less than 35 IPOs, such as Sinopec, CNOOC, China Construction Bank, Agricultural Bank of China, China Merchants Bank, Huaneng Power, Shenhua Energy
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China on the issuance of RMB 1 billion bonds. It is the first RMB bonds issued by ICBC
- China Merchants Bank, the first commercial bank in China wholly owned by corporate shareholders, on its HK$20.7-billion H-share listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec) and its wholly owned subsidiary Sinopec Yangzi Petrochemical on the RMB3.7-billion acquisition of oil refinery assets from Sinopec Group
- Export-Import Bank of China on its issuance of RMB4 billion (US$635million) bonds