Tom has practiced in Australia and Japan on corporate M&A and project development transactions, particularly for energy and renewables assets. He has worked on secondment at both business and legal teams of major Japanese trading houses.
Tom's experience includes advising:
- Sojitz on the sale of its interest in the Frade offshore energy project in Brazil
- Marubeni on the acquisition of its interest in APT Allgas distribution network in Australia
- Mitsui on the sale of its interest in the Umm Al Nar Power and Water Project (Abu Dhabi)
- Sojitz on the acquisition of an interest in the Yunlin offshore wind farm in Taiwan*
- Sojitz on the acquisition of an interest in the Reganosa regasification terminal in Spain
- various developers on development, financing and divestment of wind and solar projects in Australia
* Experience while on client secondment
Tom holds a Bachelor of Laws and International Studies from the University of New South Wales. He also has a Certificate of Political Science from Sciences Po Aix.