Tomás has extensive and wide-ranging experience advising clients in corporate real estate matters, such as mergers and acquisitions, transactions financed by private equity funds and joint ventures to invest or develop in real estate.
In addition, Tomás is experienced in acquisition and financing of companies which operate in the real estate sector (shopping centres, office buildings, logistic platforms, hotels, resorts, residential buildings, healthcare, large portfolios of assets and non-performing loans, etc.), primarily focused on private equity funds or the industrial and banking sectors (sale and purchase agreements, lease agreements, sale and lease back deals, turn-key agreements, hotel management agreements, etc.).
Tomás’s experience includes, among others:
- AEW Europe
- on the acquisition of the Amura office building in Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain, from Union Investment
- on the acquisition of the called "Mercado de Fuencarral" and leased to Decathlon
- on the acquisition of an office building at the Río 55 Madrid Business Park previously owned by Insur
- Oaktree Capital Managers
- on the sale of San Fernando Business Park, Madrid, to Starwood
- on the sale of the Parque Astur Shopping Centre in Oviedo, Spain
- on the acquisition of a mortgage loan portfolio from SAREB, comprising the last available beachfront plots in Benidorm and over 60 apartments in Torrevieja, Alicante, Spain (Project Sheep)
- on the acquisition of seven non-performing loans held by SAREB (Project Sunscreen)
- on the sale of the Barakaldo Megapark to the Spanish Socimi Lar RE for €170 million
- on the sale of a business park (formed by 13 buildings) located in San Fernando de Henares (Madrid).
- P3 Logistic Parks
- on the acquisition of a €243 million portfolio of logistic assets located in different cities in Spain (Madrid, Zaragoza, Toledo, Guadalajara, Valencia and Bilbao) from GreenOak Real Estate
- on the acquisition of a plot in Illescas, Toledo, and the development of one of Spain's largest logistic warehouses with an area exceeding 120,000 sqm, and its subsequent lease to a major online retailer
- on the listing of its Socimi at the "Mercado Alternativo Bursátil".
- Waterfall Asset Management
- on the acquisition of a portfolio of circa 300 real estate assets (REOs) from Cajamar (Project Tango)
- on the acquisition from a Spanish bank of a portfolio of approximately 450 real estate owned assets (REOs) in Spain, comprising mostly residential units and some commercial premises (Project Mike)
- Costco Wholesale on all the aspects of its business in Spain
- GreenOak Real Estate Advisors on the acquisition of a shopping centre in Dos Hermanas, Seville, Spain, from Unibail Rodamco
His expertise in Real estate is highlighted in Chambers Europe. His clients praise his intelligence and say that "I'm impressed with his dedication and quickness in resolving doubts with efficiency".
Tomás graduated with a degree in Law (major) in 2002. He also completed a Master's in Law (LL.M) at the IE Law School - Instituto de Empresa (Madrid, Spain) in 2003, and a Master's in town planning from the Garrigues Centre of Studies (Madrid, Spain).
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Tomás worked at another international law firm. He is fluent in English and German.