Timothy is a Senior Associate in the Perth Dispute Resolution team. He has broad experience in litigation and international commercial arbitration with a focus on disputes in the transport, energy & resources and infrastructure sectors. He also advises clients on contentious regulatory matters and public law proceedings, including regulatory prosecutions, enforcement proceedings, internal and external investigations and judicial review proceedings. Timothy has acted as counsel in a number of courts and tribunals, and during alternative dispute resolution.
Timothy’s experience includes:
- advising Aircraft lessors, lessees and financing parties on complex cross-jurisdictional claims relating to financing and leasing of Aircraft
- working with a major infrastructure provider on competition issues, and a confidential ad-hoc arbitration in relation to rail access terms and conditions
- representing a leading PRC state-owned enterprise as claimants against its joint venture partner in a multi-billion dollar fraud claim administered by SIAC relating to their investment in a European company
- acting for BHP Billiton Ltd in judicial review proceedings in relation to gas pipeline access charges
- assisting public and private sector clients on investigations by ASIC and other government regulators, and compliance anti-bribery legislation.
Timothy was admitted to the Supreme Court of Western Australia in 2013. Prior to commencing his practice as a solicitor, he worked as an Associate in the Supreme Court of Western Australia to the Hon. Wayne Martin AC QC. Timothy has worked in Perth, London and Hong Kong.
Timothy has a Master of Laws (LL.M.) from University College London.