Timi is a junior associate (Australian Qualified) in the English law finance and banking practice in the Madrid office. He advises clients on structured finance transactions in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors across different international markets. He also supports clients on leveraged buyouts and derivative transactions in established and emerging markets across the globe.
Timi acts for a broad base of banks, private equity firms, alternative lenders, borrowers and sponsors and other market participants on a variety of financing structures. His previous experience advising on the corporate side of transactions provides him with a holistic view of the client´s financing needs and interests within the context of the broader corporate transaction.
Timi's experience includes advising:
- Farm Fresh Berhad on its USD$238M initial public offering on the Main Market (MYX)*
- JB Hi-Fi on its AUD$250M off-market buy-back of shares on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX)*
- Suncable on its AUD$210M Series B capital raise in the development of the world´s largest solar energy infrastructure network*
- Australian-based company Streem on its sale to Chicago based conglomerate Cision*
- One of Australia's largest superannuation funds on the divestment of part of its agriculture portfolio*
Timi holds a Bachelor of Law and a Bachelor of Applied Finance by the University of Macquarie in Sydney (Australia) and as part of his degree, he completed an exchange at the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE) in Madrid (Spain). In his previous role as a trainee at PwC, he had the opportunity to gain experience on a range of regulatory and corporate matters in the Australasian market.
In addition to English, Timi is also fluent in Spanish and conversational French (B2).