Tim works with asset managers globally and in the UK on a wide range of matters including establishing, restructuring and providing ongoing advice to public, private and regulated funds covering various asset classes, segregated account mandates, regulatory matters and corporate transactions (including business establishment, restructurings and outsourcings).
He also helps pension funds, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds and other investors on their investments and investment management arrangements with third party managers.
His expertise in relation to fund formation extends from closed-ended listed funds, through private "GP-LP" structures to regulated funds, and across asset classes.
He also helps clients with regulatory compliance, both day-to-day and in the context of major regulatory change (such as implementation of the EU's Alternative Investment Fund Manager Directive and "MiFID II").
Tim's expertise in the investment funds and asset management sector is recognised by his ranking in Chambers & Partners and listing as a Leading Individual in Legal 500.
Tim's experience includes advising:
- HarbourVest Global Private Equity and NB Private Equity on their restructurings and migration from the Specialist Fund Segment to the Premium Segment of the London Stock Exchange
- BlueCrest AllBlue on its restructuring and cash exit offer
- NB Private Equity on its rollover offer of zero dividend preference shares
- Blackstone/GSO Loan Financing on its secondary fundraising by way of placing programme
- various institutional asset managers on their projects to implement the EU's Alternative Investment Fund Manager's Directive