Tim specialises in aviation finance and leasing. His experience includes advising clients on commercial and ECA-backed financings, operating leases, PDP financings and tax-driven structures (such as JOLCOs). Tim also has experience advising on the sale and purchase of aircraft.
Tim has spent time on secondment with CIT Aerospace International (subsequently acquired by Avolon), a major operating lessor in Dublin.
Tim's experience includes advising:
- arranger and investors on the first-in-kind bond issuance by Virgin Atlantic secured by a portfolio of take-off and landing slots at London Heathrow Airport (the transaction won Airfinance Journal Capital Markets Deal of the Year)
- HSH Nordbank on the sale of an aviation loan portfolio to Macquarie
- operating lessor on a PDP financing of two Airbus aircraft for a Portuguese airline, in conjunction with a sale and leaseback of those aircraft
- Credit Agricole CIB and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank on a JOLCO financing for AerCap
- European ECAs and commercial lenders on ECA-backed financings of Airbus aircraft for borrowers including an Indian airline and a Chinese operating lessor