Based in London, Tim has over a 15 years' experience working on construction and engineering projects, domestically and internationally, across the energy, infrastructure and real estate sectors. He typically advises clients of the construction industry, often on high value, large scale or complex projects.
He provides strategic advice and risk analysis and helps clients with a wide variety of construction procurement arrangements, including traditional, design and construct, turnkey, management and collaborative contracting.
Clients benefit directly from Tim's specialist construction and engineering experience and up-to-the minute market knowledge.
Tim works with clients on a wide range of contracts including professional appointments, FEED and early works agreements, framework/call off arrangements, construction contracts and contracts for supply and/or installation, operation and maintenance and long-term support.
He focuses on understanding each client's key commercial requirements in order to help them to select the right strategy, strike the right balance between risk allocation and pricing, and record in contract documents the agreed positions with absolute clarity. One of Tim's chief aims is to support clients without unnecessarily increasing cost for reducing risk.
Tim understands the importance of effective project management of legal services, ensuring the pieces fit together and nothing falls between the cracks. His involvement with major projects means he is used to working in cross-functional teams and interfacing and co-ordinating with members across all levels.
Tim's expertise is highlighted by listings in Chambers UK and Legal 500 UK. Chambers UK describes his "excellent client service and pragmatic advice" and "user-friendly" approach, whilst Legal 500 UK notes his "in-depth knowledge of EPC and O&M contracts".
Tim's experience includes advising:
- Capco on the demolition and construction aspects of its multi-billion pound redevelopment of Earl's Court to provide a landmark residential, exhibition and commercial centre in London's West End
- Nord Stream 2 on its multiple onshore and offshore construction and engineering contracts for the twin gas pipeline project through the Baltic Sea
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on the turnkey construction contracts and operation and maintenance agreements for its fleet of biomass-fired generation plants and energy from waste facilities in the UK
- the Francis Crick Institute, a consortium of six of the UK's leading scientific and academic organisations, on the two-stage public procurement of its new biomedical research and innovation facility in London
- EDF on the construction and engineering aspects of its new nuclear development programme in the UK.