Tim has acted on a variety of corporate transactions, including private and public M&A transactions, demergers and joint ventures, as well as providing advice in relation to general corporate matters to clients across various industries.
In 2018, Tim completed a secondment to Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) where he advised CBA in relation to a proposed divestment transaction.
Tim's recent experience includes advising:
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on:
- the proposed A$3.8 billion sale of its Australia and New Zealand life insurance business to AIA and the revised transaction path for the Australian divestment, including the negotiation of a revised transaction path and the implementation of a joint co-operation agreement with AIA
- the proposed IPO of the Colonial First State Asset Management business and the eventual A$4.13 billion sale of the business to Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
- the proposed demerger of its wealth management business, including the Colonial First State business, which administers over A$135 billion in funds under administration
- its successful consortium bid to acquire 100% of online property exchange network Property Exchange Australia Limited (PEXA), valuing PEXA at A$1.6 billion and ultimately prevailing over PEXA’s proposed IPO
- Bingo Industries Limited on its strategic acquisition of the Patons Lane Recycling Centre and Landfill