Tim is an associate practicing at Herbert Smith Freehills' dispute resolution department in Hong Kong. Tim is qualified both as a solicitor of Hong Kong and an attorney of the State of New York and has experience representing clients in a wide range of Hong Kong litigation, international arbitration and contentious regulatory matters.
Tim's experience includes:
- acting for institutional investors of an automotive start-up company in a dispute arising from proposed redemption of preference shares, and advising on related insolvency proceedings in Cayman Islands
- advising a PRC asset management fund on a potential dispute arising out of its subscription of certain convertible bonds, and potential winding up proceedings
- representing a PRC-headquartered global commodity conglomerate in an ICC arbitration regarding a dispute arising from its joint venture investment in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- representing a private wealth bank on mis-selling claim made by its former customer
- representing an investment bank on an action brought by liquidators in relation to alleged misconduct concerning sponsor due diligence work with respect to the company in liquidation
- representing a PE fund in a HKIAC arbitration regarding dispute arising from exercise of a put option in the context of the fund's investment in a private hospital business
- advising various institutional investors on several loan default matters and related cross-border debt recovery strategies
- conducting anti-bribery internal investigations (including investigations under U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act) on behalf of a Fortune-500 pharmaceutical company
- conducting an internal investigation on behalf of a global asset manager in relation to allegation of bribery of local politicians in Taiwan concerning its local investment
Tim holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from the University of Hong Kong. Tim is a native Mandarin speaker and can speak fluent English and Cantonese.