Thomas is an associate in the corporate division in London. He has experience of advising investment banks and companies on ECM transactions, including IPOs and secondary fundraisings, as well as on public and private M&A transactions. Thomas has advised clients on transactions across a range of sectors, including financial institutions, consumer products, real estate and TMT.
Thomas spent 9 months on secondment in 2017 at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in London, in the ECM legal team. During the course of his secondment, Thomas provided legal and regulatory advice to the ECM and Investment Banking groups and supported deal teams in origination and execution of ECM transactions across a range of EMEA jurisdictions, including the IPOs of Allied Irish Banks, VolkerWessels and GIMA TT, rights issues for SEGRO and Cobham, and numerous accelerated bookbuild placings. Thomas previously spent 6 months on secondment in 2013 at Credit Suisse in London, in the Investment Banking Division legal team.
Thomas’ experience includes advising:
- HSBC, Morgan Stanley and J.P. Morgan Cazenove on Phoenix Group's £735 million rights issue to fund its £935 million class 1 acquisition of Abbey Life
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank on the proposed €27 billion merger of London Stock Exchange Group and Deutsche Börse
- Deutsche Bank and Davy on permanent tsb's €400 million primary placing, open offer, €98 million secondary placing and €2.044 billion listing on the Irish Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange
- Photobox Group on the sale of its entire share capital to Exponent Private Equity and Electra Partners
- Deutsche Bank, BofA Merrill Lynch, J.P. Morgan Cazenove and Davy on Kennedy Wilson Europe Real Estate's £351 million firm placing and placing and open offer