Thomas is an experienced commercial litigator, with specialist expertise in defending class actions and complex commercial disputes. He has acted for some of Australia’s largest corporations in defending some of the most high-profile class actions in Australia and has assisted our clients in managing the risks associated with these actions.
Thomas’ recent experience includes advising:
- EML Payments in defending shareholder class action proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria in respect of disclosure regarding EML’s Irish subsidiary
- Terra Carbon in defending proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia alleging misuse of trust property
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia in defending a large product liability class action in the Supreme Court of New South Wales arising from allegedly defective Takata airbag inflators
- AMP in defending shareholder class action proceedings in the Supreme Court of New South Wales arising out of evidence at the Banking Royal Commission
- Boral in defending two shareholder class action proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia in respect of disclosure regarding Boral’s North American business
- Serco in defending proceedings in the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory in relation to an alleged holding over claim
Thomas holds a Bachelor of Arts from Macquarie University and Juris Doctor from the University of Technology Sydney.
Thomas is qualified as an Australian legal practitioner who is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.