Theodore acts for global financial sponsors and multinational corporates on the full spectrum of corporate matters across all sectors – with a focus on cross-border M&A, PE and VC deals, often tech-linked.
He has several years of experience advising clients on navigating market / transactional complexities throughout APAC and EMEA. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Theodore began his career with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in London and also spent time with its Dubai and Singapore offices. He is fluent in Mandarin.
Theodore's experience includes advising:
- Unity Digital Infrastructure (backed by Aboitiz InfraCapital and Partners Group) on its acquisition of 650 mobile towers from PLDT (through its subsidiaries Smart Communications and Digitel Mobile Philippines)
- Globe Telecom on its sale of: (i) 3,529 mobile towers to Frontier Tower Associates Philippines Inc. (backed by KKR and Pinnacle Towers); (ii) 2,180 mobile towers to Miescor Infrastructure Development Corporation (a joint venture between Stonepeak and Manila Electric Company); and (iii) 1,350 mobile towers to Phil-Tower Consortium (backed by Macquarie Capital)
- Sports Hub (a consortium vehicle owned by Infrared Capital among others) on the termination of its public-private partnership with, and divestment of assets to, Singapore government agency SportSG in relation to the Singapore Sports Hub, comprising the National Stadium of Singapore and surrounding facilities
- General Atlantic on: (i) its investment in VNLife, Vietnam’s leading fintech digital payments company; and (ii) its investment in Ruangguru, Southeast Asia’s largest edutech company*
- CPP Investments on: (i) its investment in Eruditus Group, a global edtech business headquartered in India; and (ii) its investment in Flipkart Group, one of India’s leading digital commerce companies, alongside GIC, Softbank and Walmart*
- A Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund as a major shareholder in ReNew Power in ReNew's business combination with SPAC RMG Acquisition Corp. II*
- The Blackstone Group on: (i) its privatisation and delisting of SGX-listed Soilbuild Business Space REIT; (ii) its acquisition of Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort, Anantara Veli Maldives Resort, Naladhu Private Island Maldives and the staff island of Boduhura; and (iii) its acquisition of Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort*
- PayPal Inc. on its investment in GoPay (Gojek’s digital payment business) and subsequent inversion into GoTo Group, the Southeast Asian super app operator, alongside Facebook, Google and Tencent*
- CVC Capital Partners on: (i) its acquisition of QA Group, the UK's leading provider of IT education and skills; and (ii) its acquisition of TMF Group, a global provider of compliance and administrative services*
- Warburg Pincus on its acquisition of Reiss Holdings, the owner of the global fashion and accessories brand REISS*
* Experience obtained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills