Tess assists clients with employment issues across Asia. She acts for clients in contractual disputes, restraint litigation, safety related prosecutions and civil claims as well as claims relating to termination, discrimination and harassment.
Tess also supports clients in managing multi-jurisdictional compliance and restructuring projects and managing complex workplace investigations.
Through undertaking secondments with financial institutions with employees across APAC, Tess has gained valuable insights into the commercial and operational drivers of complex international organisations. She is focused on delivering practical, innovative and commercial outcomes and developing strong relationships with stakeholders.
Tess was recognised by Legal 500 in its 2020 Asia Pacific rankings as a Rising Star in Hong Kong Labour and Employment.
Tess's experience includes advising:
- acting for clients in enforcing covenants including for a global bank in response to a team move and for an investment firm to recover payments made to employees who resigned to work for a competitor
- investigating complaints of harassment including for a Fintech company where the conduct was alleged to have impacted the complainant's regulatory functions
- acting for a logistics company in a safety prosecution arising out of a workplace fatality and for an engineering company in respect of civil claims arising from a significant workplace accident
- advising a global investment bank in relation to a restructuring impacting 11 jurisdictions in Asia Pacific including the exit from several markets
- advising a technology company on the post-acquisition employee integration and reduction in force across 13 jurisdictions across Asia-Pacific
Tess holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and is admitted to practise in Hong Kong and Australia.