Tatum has experience in advising on public procurement, privacy, media and cybercrime laws in South Africa, and drafting, negotiating and advising on a range of information technology-related and services agreements. She has assisted clients with data breaches and has worked on one of the biggest data breaches to date. She has worked in London focusing on GDPR-related matters and business process outsourcing.
Tatum was seconded to the London office for 4 months (October 2019 – January 2020) to work in the technology, media and telecommunications and data privacy teams.
Tatum's experience includes advising:
- Hollard Life Insurance Company in the implementation of a large IT system to manage their business
- Standard Bank in an outsourcing transaction for their vehicle asset management business
- TSB Bank whilst seconded to our London office in an IT outsourcing transaction
- Redefine Properties in a transaction with Metrofibre Networks for the networking of certain Redefine properties with fibre
- IBM in relation to technology procurement agreement involving complex cross border, corporate governance and tax issues
Tatum is an admitted attorney and notary public in South Africa. She is a Certified Information Privacy Manager and holds a LLB Degree (summa cum laude) from the University of KwaZulu-Natal and a Bachelor of Civil Law (Masters) degree, with distinction, in Competition Law, Intellectual Property Law, Corporate and Business Taxation, and Criminal Justice and Human Rights from the University of Oxford, United Kingdom. Tatum has clerked at the Constitutional Court, under Justice Johan Froneman, and worked for Justice Wallis of the Supreme Court of Appeal for about 6 months.