Takudzwa specialises in the areas of non-recourse and limited recourse financing of projects within South Africa and in other African countries including Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe and Mauritius. Takudzwa also has experience in providing general M&A advice in Francophone and Anglophone Africa.
Takudzwa has predominantly worked on project finance and infrastructure finance projects, particularly in the transport, energy and infrastructure area.
Takudzwa's experience in Project Finance includes advising:
- The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited (acting through its Corporate and Investment Banking division) (the Lender) on the limited recourse debt financing of a Borrower that sought to fund the purchase of a glass bottles manufacturing plant, together with the business that related to such plant (the Glass Business)
- Lenders on the financing of the expansion, upgrading, modernising and improvement of the Zimbabwean Beitbridge Border Post
- Facility for Investments in Renewable Small Transactions (RF) Pty Ltd to prepare standard documentation including, finance documents and the project agreements, for the financing of small renewable energy transactions in the commercial and industrial sector in South Africa
- Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank on South African exchange control requirements on the setting up of a trade receivables securitisation programme
- A bank with operations in Australia and Columbia on the transfer of its assets and contracts to a South African subsidiary
- Bombela on the procurement and financing of additional rolling stock and an expansion of the depot, signalling system and tracks
- An energy and infrastructure company with business operations in Ghana and South Africa on aspects that relate to business rescue and insolvency
- Lightstruck, a consortium with Eaglestone Capital Holdings being the majority shareholder, on the design, construction, installation and operation of fibre optic infrastructure in various municipal areas in the Western Cape of South Africa
CORPORATE (FRANCOPHONE AND ANGLOPHONE AFRICA)
- Gécamines (South Africa) on its International arbitration proceedings
- Standard Bank on a cross border M&A transaction involving Malawian and Zambian based telecommunications company
- Providing advice to various companies regarding Tanzania's regulatory changes in the mining sector