Travis is a senior associate in the Disputes team.
Travis has acted for clients in advancing and resolving insurance claims across a variety of sectors including mining, energy, construction, logistics, and hospitality and assists clients in responding to crisis events, contractual issues and interruptions to their business. His experience encompasses a broad range of insurance types including property and business interruption (ISR), cyber, contract works, public liability, D&O (Directors and Officers) and professional indemnity.
Travis’ insurance expertise has been recognised by clients and peers in the Legal 500 guide, where he was listed as a Rising Star in the Insurance sector in both 2020 and 2021.
Travis is also part of the firm’s Corporate Crime & Investigations practice where he advises on anti-bribery, whistleblowing, modern slavery and sanctions issues and assists with regulatory and internal investigations.
Travis holds Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) degrees from the University of Queensland and is currently completing a Masters of Law at the University of Melbourne. He has worked in both the Brisbane and Hong Kong Disputes teams.
Travis is admitted in the Supreme Court of Queensland and is on the Federal Register of Practitioners.
Experience & expertise
- an international logistics company in a business interruption (cyber) claim following two cyber attacks in 2020 during COVID-19
- an international mining company in a property damage and business interruption (ISR) claim following the failure of a tailings dam wall
- a major energy company in a property damage and business interruption (ISR) claim following the explosion of a turbine at a power station
- a major Australian gaming company in a business interruption (ISR) claim following an outage of their online platform due to damage to servers stored at a third party data centre
- a major Australian retailer in a business interruption (ISR) claim following the disruption of their supply lines due to flooding of rail and roads connecting Australian States
- a major Australian hotel chain in a property damage and business interruption (ISR) claim following the flooding of a newly renovated hotel
- a government contractor in an insurance claim for its liability to the Commonwealth following the destruction of a Navy vessel
- an education provider in an indemnity claim from its former director and a D&O claim against its insurer for costs relating to the prosecution of the former director
- an investment company in relation to its alleged liability under indemnities granted in relation to the acquisition of a gas plant
- an Australian headquartered global company on an investigation into potential sanctions violations
- various companies in developing their whistleblowing programs and in relation to internal investigations following whistleblower reports