Tom is a senior associate in the Competition, Regulation and Trade group based in London.
Tom advises on all aspects of competition law, including utilities regulation and procurement, and also advised on foreign direct investment laws. Tom was seconded to Herbert Smith Freehills's Hong Kong office in 2014, advising Asian clients on the EU and UK competition law aspects of their transactions as well as working with locally-qualified counsel to advise clients looking to do business in Asian jurisdictions.
Tom read Law with European Law at the University of Nottingham, and holds a Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law from King's College London.
Experience & expertise
- Willis Towers Watson in connection with the UK FCA's market study into wholesale insurance broking; and the EU Phase II merger clearance for the (later aborted) merger between Willis Towers Watson and Aon
- Next Alt in relation to the merger control aspects of its acquisition of Sotheby's
- Bauer Media on a series of acquisitions made in the UK commercial radio sector which were subject to in-depth Phase 2 investigation by the UK Competition and Markets Authority
- The Bazalgette Consortium (Allianz, Dalmore, Amber and DIF) on regulatory aspects of its successful bid for the Thames Tideway Tunnel project
- Mitsubishi Corporation on regulatory and merger control aspects of its acquisition of a 25% stake in South Staffordshire plc from KKR.