Based in Hong Kong, Timothy is a senior associate in the dispute resolution group.
Timothy has experience in civil litigation matters, including banking and financial institutions disputes and proceedings brought by liquidators and also assists multi-national companies with anti-bribery and corruption investigations and enquiries. His financial service regulatory experience includes advising banking institutions on contentious disciplinary actions brought by the SFC.
Timothy was trained with Herbert Smith Freehills in Hong Kong and was seconded to the firm's London office. After qualification, Timothy has completed a seven-month secondment at Bank of China International's legal and compliance division in Hong Kong and spent another six months on secondment in the litigation team at UBS in Hong Kong.
Timothy is qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong and in England & Wales. He speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin, and has working proficiency in French and Spanish.
Experience & expertise
- a global investment bank on various SFC enforcement actions
- a Chinese financial institution on certain mis-selling claims made in the Hong Kong court by a customer
- various overseas companies on the recovery of cash assets that were remitted to Hong Kong as a result of cyber-fraud, including obtaining injunctions and disclosure orders
- a global financial institution in proceedings brought by the liquidators of a Chinese company previously listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong for potential liabilities arising from its sponsorship work in the listing
- various multinational companies on enquiries related to anti-bribery and corruption issues and internal investigations related to staff conduct.