Timi Ajibola is a solicitor in the finance practice in the Sydney office.
He has experience advising a broad base of banks, private equity firms, alternative lenders, borrowers and sponsors and other market participants on a variety of financing transactions across the energy, resources, infrastructure and property sectors in different international markets. He also supports clients on their acquisition and general corporate financing needs.
His previous experience advising on the corporate side of transactions provides him with a holistic view of the client´s financing needs and an understanding of the various interests within the context of the broader transaction.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Applied Finance conferred by Macquarie University and as part of his degree he completed an exchange at the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE) in Madrid Spain. He began his career with Herbert Smith Freehills in the Madrid office advising clients across the various European jurisdictions on project finance, acquisition finance and real estate finance. Alongside his native English, Timi also speaks Spanish.
Experience & expertise
- Banco Santander, BBVA, Caixabank and Banco Sabadell, as lenders, on the financing for the acquisition of a majority stake of the shares in Ferrovial Servicios, Ferrovial's infrastructure maintenance services, by Portobello Capital, one of Spain's major private capital firms
- a syndicate of banks, including BBVA, Banco Sabadell, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Europe) Sucursal de España and Caixabank, on the €225 million sustainability-linked term facility agreement for the redemption of 4.5% of the issued notes by Madrileña Red de Gas under the Euro Medium Term Note Programme
- a syndicate of banks including Credit Agricole Corporate and Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Sucursal En España, Caixabank, Banco de Sabadell and Banco Santander on the €250 million refinancing granted to Mediterranean Shipping Company Terminal Valencia
- a syndicate of financial institutions including Tresmares Santander Direct Lending SICC, Banco Santander, CaixaBank, Banco de Crédito Social Cooperativo, Targo Bank and Oquendo, as lenders, on the financing granted to Global Agro Investment, subsidiary of Fremman Capital and holding company of the group "The Natural Fruit Company", for various acquisition and corporate needs of the group
- a French international banking group on the real estate refinancing for the acquisition of the five-star Hotel Edition in Madrid, the newest luxury Marriott hotel, from Archer Hotel Capital