Timana is part of the construction and infrastructure disputes team, with expertise in resolving disputes through litigation, arbitration and other processes.
Timana specialises in the resolution of disputes in the construction, energy and infrastructure sectors. Timana has substantial experience working with industry participants to resolve complex construction law claims on some of Australia’s largest projects. She advises across a range of industries including energy, infrastructure and mining.
Timana practices extensively in Supreme Court litigation as well as resolving disputes through the use of alternative dispute resolution processes such as arbitration (international and domestic), expert determination, adjudication and mediation.
Timana holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from Monash University and a Bachelor of Arts from The University of Melbourne. She is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the Federal and High Courts of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- in relation to a number of major transport related PPPs in Victoria and NSW
- several Australian solar farms in relation to issues arising from the insolvency of a major construction contractor
- a Philippine energy company in an ICC arbitration relating to the construction of a geothermal power plant and termination of the construction contract
- a joint venture in an arbitration regarding disputes involving extension of time claims and variation claims in connection with the construction of a hydroelectric power plant in Chile
- various principals in relation to claims management and disputes arising on wind farms in Victoria, Western Australia, Tasmania and the Philippines
- a global infrastructure company in expert determination proceedings regarding one of its Victorian assets
- a number of toll road projects including acting in arbitration proceedings regarding disputes under a Toll road Concession Deed
- a major chemicals manufacturer and supplier in Supreme Court injunction proceedings
- a Singapore-based company in an international arbitration and related Supreme Court litigation, concerning disputes regarding an offshore oil production facility and the termination of a charter contract.