Tim is a solicitor with a focus on regulatory matters, civil disputes and competition law.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Tim was an Associate to the Honourable Justice Farrell of the Federal Court of Australia (then Deputy President of the Australian Competition Tribunal). He also worked as a Research Assistant for the President of the South Australian Bar Association, for various academics at the University of Adelaide and at an international trade secretariat in Singapore.
Tim holds a Master of Laws (BCL) from the University of Oxford and a combined Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours and University Medal) and Economics (Advanced) from the University of Adelaide.
He holds a New South Wales practising certificate and is also admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of South Australia and High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- advising on the National Gas and Electricity Law and Rules.
- advising on a complex cartel matter.
- advising in relation to an investigation by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) and associated representative proceeding
- advising on contractual disputes and damages claims
- acting in proceedings brought under the Australian Consumer Law
- advising a pro bono client in relation to a constitutional challenge in the High Court of Australia