Thomas is a Senior Associate in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure finance team based in London.
Thomas has experience advising on a broad range of debt products and structures, including traditional project finance and PPP, acquisition finance, commodity and trade finance and general corporate finance, with a particular focus on energy and infrastructure.
Experience & expertise
- the lenders on the financing of the NeuConnect interconnector project, which will be the first interconnector between the UK and Germany and is one of the first interconnectors in Europe to be project-financed (European Power Deal of the Year: Transmission – IJGlobal Awards 2022; European Power Deal of the Year – PFI Awards 2022)
- the lenders on the financing of Cory's Riverside 2 EfW facility, which will be located next to Cory's existing Riverside 1 EfW facility in Belvedere, southeast London (European Power Deal of the Year – IJGlobal Awards 2022; European Environmental Deal of the Year – PFI Awards 2022)
- the lenders on the financing of the A465 road PPP project in the UK (European Transport Deal of the Year – IJGlobal Awards 2020; European PPP Deal of the Year – PFI Awards 2020)
- the senior lenders on the financing of Heirs Oil & Gas's (formerly known as TNOG) acquisition of a participating interest in OML 17 in Nigeria (African Deal of the Year – PFI Awards 2021)
- the lenders to the Hochtief/Strabag consortium on its bid for the D4 road PPP project in the Czech Republic
- the lenders to the FCC/Meridiam consortium on its bid for the Velindre Cancer Centre hospital PPP project in the UK
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners in relation to several biomass plants in the UK, including on the finance aspects of the sale of its interests in the Brigg and Snetterton plants in Lincolnshire and Norfolk
- Dynamic Mining in relation to the bridge, equity and project financing of the Bon Ami bauxite project in the Republic of Guinea
- the lenders to Cairn Energy in relation to its reserve-based lending facility for the development of assets in the North Sea