Teresa is a real estate specialist with extensive experience in property law and property development transactions, having practised in NSW and WA.
Teresa acts for Australian and overseas investors including corporate, government, A-REITS and property developers on real estate deals and infrastructure and development projects. Teresa is experienced in acquisitions, disposals and major leasing negotiations (both landlord and tenant).
Teresa joined Herbert Smith Freehills in April 2022 and holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Western Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Acted for the joint venture partners on the acquisition of a 100% indirect interest in the Perth CBD office tower known as 108 St Georges Terrace, Perth. The deal involved buyer and trust due diligence, contract negotiation, financing of one joint venturer’s interest in the property and settlement. It also involved drafting, negotiating and implementing the joint venture documents on behalf of a joint venturer.
- Acted for Challenger Life Nominees of the sale of Bunbury Forum Shopping Centre, WA.
- Acted for WA property developer Hesperia on the sale to GIC (a Singaporean sovereign wealth fund) of a 90% interest in Hesperia funds which hold, lease, acquire and develop properties in WA. The deal involved the sale of units in the funds, but also the appointment of Hesperia entities in ongoing investment manager, development manager and property manager roles and an ongoing commitment by Hesperia and GIC to identify and explore future development opportunities in WA.
- Acted for seller on the sale of Building R8/R9 (Retail), Barangaroo South, NSW. The deal involved seller due diligence, contract preparation and negotiation and settlement.
- Acting for various ASX-listed companies on their head office lease negotiations and other major real estate transactions including for BHP and Chevron Australia.