Tayla specialises in privacy, technology and intellectual property related matters.
Tayla’s practice specialises in negotiating, documenting, and implementing various transactional and contractual matters, with a focus on technology and IT procurement, intellectual property and licensing, commercialisation and services contract, and general projects. Tayla also advises clients on data protection, contractual and regulatory compliance, and their obligations under Australian privacy law including around data retention and security.
Tayla supports clients on complex and strategic contracts across a variety of sectors, including utilities, government, health, tourism, MedTech and, energy and resources.
Tayla holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Juris Doctor from the University of Western Australia. Tayla is admitted to practice as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- advising a number of energy, utilities, infrastructure and healthcare clients on privacy compliance obligations, and documenting policies around privacy, information management and data governance
- drafting and advising on software development, software licence and procurement, service level, and maintenance agreements
- drafting agreements for public sector and government entities including fundraising, sponsorship, partnership services and licence agreements
- undertaking privacy, information technology and intellectual property due diligence assessments for M&A transactions
- assisting with the preparation of urgent refugee and humanitarian visa applications and coordinating client interviews