Su Wai advises global and regional clients on private and public mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and other corporate transactional work, with a particular focus in the technology, media and telecommunications sector.
She has extensive working experience in Singapore and in Myanmar, and has expertise advising on investments into and operations out of Myanmar.
Su Wai's experience includes advising:
- a US-based private equity firm on the acquisition of a leading telecoms infrastructure company in Myanmar
- Grab, Southeast Asia's leading ride-hailing, logistics services and payments technology company, on various matters, including:
- strategic cooperation arrangements and participation in the funding round for online grocery delivery start up, HappyFresh, which has operations in Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia;
- joint venture with South Korea's leading navigation platform SK Telecom (SKT) to develop car navigation systems customised for Southeast Asian markets; and
- joint venture with Chinese Internet-based insurer ZhongAn Technologies International Group in respect of the digital insurance distribution business in Southeast Asia
- on an investment into Indonesian e-commerce company Tokopedia's fund raising exercise of US$1.1 billion in December 2018
- on market entry work with applications to Myanmar Investment Commission on foreign investment projects, and post-approval compliance*
- Fraser & Neave Limited (F&N) in the contested public takeover of F&N, which closed with a deal valuing F&N at over S$13 billion*
* Prior to joining HSF
Su Wai obtained her bachelor's degree in law from the Singapore Management University and her masters of law from the University of Cambridge, UK. She is admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. Su Wai is fluent in English, Mandarin and Burmese.