Stuart specialises in asset recovery, bribery, corporate fraud and corruption in internal investigations and legal proceedings.
Stuart has advised and acted for clients including:
- a professional services practice in connection with claims arising from the collapse of its former client in the Middle East
- Tajik Aluminium Company on substantial fraud claims against its former director and trading partners, which involved litigation in the Commercial Court in London and the courts of the British Virgin Islands, and arbitrations in the UK and Switzerland
- a Dubai-based investment bank on a range of employment disputes
- a Middle Eastern private equity fund on shareholder and governance issues arising out of the purchase of a Saudi Arabian jewellery business
- an Iranian-owned entity operating out of the United Arab Emirates and Iran on claims under International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitration arising out of various breaches of an exclusive distributorship and licensing agreement
Stuart served a secondment to a leading investment bank, and has strong industry knowledge. He regularly writes papers and speaks at industry conferences on commercial litigation. A solicitor advocate, Stuart is also qualified to practise in courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre.