Steven has a broad practice covering corporate and shareholder disputes, contentious regulatory matters and corporate crime and investigations. He was previously based in London and Hong Kong for 10 years. He has advised on High Court litigation in England and Hong Kong and investigations involving regulators in Australia, England, Hong Kong, Singapore and the United States.
His experience includes advising on company and takeover disputes, directors’ duties, shareholder activism, cross-border regulatory investigations and market misconduct. He has significant experience advising multinational companies on their compliance with anti-bribery laws and sanctions regulations.
His recent experience includes:
- advising the board of a listed bank in High Court litigation involving an activist investor
- defending a listed corporate in proceedings before the Hong Kong Market Misconduct Tribunal concerning alleged market disclosure and systems and controls failures
- advising a listed financial institution regarding an investigation into alleged manipulation of foreign exchange markets by regulators in Asia, Europe and the United States
- advising a financial institution in obtaining freezing and disclosure orders in response to a cyber-hacking incident and liaising with criminal authorities
- advising various clients in relation to anti-bribery laws, sanctions regulations and relevant policies and procedures
Steven has ten years’ experience advising financial institutions and major corporates on complex commercial litigation and regulatory enforcement action. He is admitted to practice in England & Wales, the Hong Kong SAR and Victoria, Australia.