The Head Office Advisory Team advises 60% of ASX 20 companies on corporate governance issues and over 40% of ASX 100 companies.
As a partner of the Head Office Advisory Team, Stefanie specialises in providing pragmatic, focussed advice and guidance in relation to public company governance across a range of industry groups, including with respect to legal and regulatory requirements, market practice and emerging trends.
Stefanie also advises companies who are seeking to list on the ASX on corporate governance and executive remuneration requirements.
Prior to focusing on head office advisory issues, Stefanie’s main area of practice was mergers and acquisitions. Stefanie’s M&A background assists her to advise on the Corporations Act and ASX requirements relevant to IPOs and other significant capital raisings and the structuring of major transactions involving listed companies, including related Board and shareholder approval issues.
Stefanie's experience includes:
- acting for numerous listed companies in relation to their continuous disclosure obligations, annual reporting requirements and annual general meetings
- advised on corporate governance issues such as directors’ duties and liabilities, board composition and effectiveness, general board policies and company policies (such as share trading and continuous disclosure)
- advised on director and senior executive remuneration issues, including advising on structuring and disclosure and advised on continuous disclosure and insider trading obligations
- prepared shareholder communication documents, including drafting corporate disclosure documents
- prepared notices of meeting and general meeting procedures, and advising companies on the efficient handling of meetings
Stefanie has advised on corporate governance framework and policies for the IPOs of Lovisa (2014), Healthscope (2014), Aconex (2014), Japara Healthcare (2014), Regis Healthcare (2014), SG Fleet (2014), Speedcast (2014), Pact Group (2013), McAleese Group (2013), Pacific Brands (2004), Just Group (2004), Promina Group (2003), and JB HiFi (2003).
Stefanie holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts degrees from University of Melbourne. Stefanie also holds a Masters of Law from the University of Melbourne.
From 2005-2011, Stefanie worked as a senior associate with Allen & Overy LLP in the Middle East in international mergers and acquisitions and corporate advisory.