Stefanie specializes in real estate finance. Clients she regularly acts for include investment banks, private equity funds, open-ended and closed-ended funds, institutional investors and alternative financing providers. Stefanie follows a holistic approach and advises international and domestic lenders and borrowers across the market on real estate backed financing transactions having particular expertise in senior /mezzanine financing structures. She advises during the entire term of the investment and financing as she also has extensive knowledge in real estate law, structuring real estate companies under corporate law, joint ventures, restructurings of real estate investments and loans, nonperforming loan transactions, and enforcement of security over real estate.
Stefanie's experience includes advising:
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) on a strategic joint venture with Unibail-Rodamco regarding the indirect acquisition of a 46.1% interest in mfi AG, the second largest German Shopping Center Operator
- Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) on the co-investment regarding the acquisition of the TaunusTurm in Frankfurt am Main
- Art-Invest Real Estate on the acquisition and financing of the Kö-Bogen property in Duesseldorf
- Amundi Immobilier on the acquisition of the Aqua Portfolio comprising 17 office properties in six Western European countries
- ARDIAN Germany on acquisition and financing of the office complex "Wappenhalle" in Munich-Riem
Stefanie Herkert graduated from the law school of the University of Heidelberg. She was admitted to the bar in 2006. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2013, Stefanie worked for several leading international law firms in Germany. A German native speaker, she is fluent in English and speaks French.