Spartak is an IP litigator and a commercial IP specialist with consolidated experience in assisting clients on a broad range of intellectual property protection aspects including patents, copyright, trade marks, design, confidential information, passing off, parallel importation, know-how and product liability, unfair competition and consumer law. Spartak assists clients in their IP litigation, including contentious patent, trademark and design cases and complex multi-jurisdictional cases.
Spartak is specialized in drafting and negotiating a range of domestic and cross-border commercial agreements, including know-how licensing agreements, co-existence agreements, technology transfer agreements, distribution agreements and patent assignment agreements, with the view to protecting clients' investments and competitive advantage and to obtaining the desired commercial outcomes. He has worked with clients in a number of industries, ranging from design, fashion, telecommunications, life sciences, consumer products and media and advertising, helping the firm's clients commercialize and protect their innovations across sectors.
Spartak's experience includes:
- advising on legal requirements for advertising and labelling tobacco products
- assisting a leading manufacturer of design parts for the motorcycle industry on several cases , including the protection of IP rights against infringing conduct as well as brand development
- assisting a global animal health company in relation to the infringement of its blockbuster product for heartworms
- assisting a global manufacturer of valves in relation to the protection and enforcement of its IP rights worldwide, including infringement in China and the Far East
- negotiating and drafting the IPR and Confidentiality clauses in the interest of a U.S. company with reference to a manufacturing and supply agreement of welding machines
Spartak graduated in law from Bocconi University. He also obtained a Masters of Law in International Commercial Law from City, University of London.
Spartak was admitted to the Italian Bar in 2016.