Souzanna advises clients on EU competition law, including on merger control, cartel investigations, antitrust compliance and abuse of dominance. She has advised international firms in the context of multijurisdictional merger control reviews and filings of major transactions, and she has acted in merger control and cartel investigation proceedings before the European Commission and national competition authorities. Souzanna has significant experience in the chemicals, transport, manufacturing and industrials, and TMT sectors.
Souzanna also advises on EU regulatory matters, including in the energy, environment, agriculture, consumer sectors and in relation to the free movement of persons and goods Souzanna is admitted to the Athens Bar and the Brussels Bar (E-list), and speaks fluent Greek, English and French.
Souzanna's experience includes advising:
- a major wood pulp manufacturer on the cartel investigation initiated by the European Commission*
- a major chemical company on the merger control aspects of its acquisition of a company active in the production of special fertilisers*
- an operator of telecommunications and broadcasting infrastructure on its third-party intervention before the European Commission, in the review of a joint venture between two major mobile operators*
- a leading engineering, electrical and electronics manufacturer on the merger control aspects of its contemplated acquisition of a company active in the manufacturing/marine engineering industries*
- a technology and electrical manufacturer on shaping its internal corporate antitrust compliance policy*
* Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Souzanna holds a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in European Competition Law and Regulation from the University of Amsterdam and a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from the University of Athens. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Souzanna worked at another international law firm in Brussels and at full-service law firms in Athens.