Sophie is a Senior Associate in our corporate division. She has experience acting on a variety of corporate transactional matters, including public and private M&A, joint ventures and general corporate governance matters for listed and non-listed clients. Sophie works with clients across a range of sectors, with a particular focus on financial services and fintech. Sophie spent nine months on secondment to the Corporate and M&A Legal team at Lloyds Banking Group in 2016/17.
Sophie's experience includes advising:
- EML Payments on its acquisition of Sentenial Limited (including Nuapay), a European Open Banking and Account-to-Account payments provider
- Willis Towers Watson on the sale of specialist insurance and (re)insurance broker Miller Insurance Services to Cinven, the international private equity firm, and GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund
- Fiera Capital Corporation, a Canadian asset management firm, on its acquisition of 80% of Palmer Capital Partners Limited, a UK-focused real estate investment manager based in London
- ARRIS International plc, a provider of entertainment and communications solutions, on its US$7.4 billion acquisition by CommScope Holding Company, Inc
- The Ardonagh Group, on its acquisition of the Swinton Insurance group, a UK personal lines broker from MMA Holdings UK Plc, part of the Covéa Group
- Old Mutual plc on the sale of Rogge Global Partners plc, a global fixed income asset management business, to Allianz Global Investors GmbH