Sophie works with clients on a wide range of contentious matters, particularly concerning patents involving technically complex subject matter, and is a trusted advisor to a number of the world's largest originator life science companies.
As well as running litigation in the English courts, Sophie has considerable experience of managing multi-jurisdictional patent enforcement actions, frequently against generic companies.
Sophie has advised:
- AbbVie in a number of high value multi-jurisdictional actions concerning its blockbuster drug, Humira and its auto-injector delivery device
- Sanofi in various commercially important matters including the pan-European defence and enforcement of the SPCs protecting irbesartan
- Roche on a number of commercially important patent matters including the multi-jurisdictional patent litigation concerning the rights to the human hormone erythropoietin and the defence of a patent action concerning Herceptin and Fuzeon
- Daiichi Sankyo on the pan-European defence and enforcement of patents protecting its blockbuster anti-microbial drug Tavanac, including successfully defending revocation proceedings in the UK at first instance and on appeal
- a global pharmaceutical company in the successful defence of a high value arbitration concerning the royalties payable to a third party
- Legal 500 Hall of Fame TMT: Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology 2018
- Leading Individual TMT: Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology, Legal 500 2018
- Who's Who Legal Thought Leader: Life Sciences, 2019
- WIPR Influential Women in IP, 2019
- Ranked Band 1 – Life Sciences: IP/Patent Litigation, Chambers & Partners UK, 2019
- Ranked Band 1 – Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation – London, Chambers & Partners UK & Global, 2019
With over 20 years experience, she is recognised by all the major legal directories as a leader in the intellectual property, patent and life sciences fields.