Sophie has experience in advising clients on both contentious and non-contentious matters related to money laundering, bribery, corruption, whistleblowing and tax evasion. She has worked on external and internal investigations, including those which have involved the Serious Fraud Office, the Financial Conduct Authority and the City of London Police.
Sophie also advises on compliance matters in respect of corporate transactions, from due diligence exercises to contractual provisions to protect the client.
Spohie's experience includes:
- an FCA-regulated company on the impact of whistleblowing legislation on its policies and procedures
- assisting with a cross-border internal investigation concerning tax and money laundering issues
- a FTSE 100 company on the preparation and global rollout of new compliance policies and procedures
- a number of clients on the money laundering risks of investments into cannabis-related businesses
- a financial institution regarding a criminal investigation and prosecution against a former employee for insider trading