Sophie advises clients in Southeast Asia and internationally on significant public and private M&A transactions, as well as complex joint venture arrangements and corporate governance matters.
Prior to moving to Singapore, she worked in the firm’s London office for over 10 years and completed secondments to Morgan Stanley, Rothschild and Willis Towers Watson.
Sophie has contributed to leading practitioner's texts on topics such as market abuse and takeovers and presented to postgraduate students in the master’s programme in corporate law at the University of Cambridge on the subject of M&A deals.
Sophie's experience includes advising:
- Malaysia's EPF on the launch of the world's first and largest Shariah private equity SMA fund
- a Malaysian investment fund on the termination of its joint venture arrangements with a US investment fund
- a Malaysian fund on its proposed pre-IPO investment in a Singapore-based start-up
- British Sky Broadcasting on the £800 million sale of the controlling stake in its betting and gaming business, Sky Bet, to funds advised by CVC Capital Partners and ongoing JV and commercial arrangements, and its subsequent on-sale to Canadian listed Stars Group
- PA Consulting Group on the controlling investment by scheme of arrangement from The Carlyle Group, valuing PA at US$1 billion
- Credit Suisse as financial adviser to Platform Speciality Products on its proposed £1.35 billion acquisition of Alent plc
Sophie graduated from the University of Oxford in 2003, with a bachelor’s degree in modern history, and graduated with distinction from the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School.