Sophie’s practice has a particular focus on employment and industrial relations related litigation, including in proceedings relating to restraints of trade, general protections, unfair dismissal, disputes resolution procedures, unprotected industrial action and good faith bargaining.
Sophie’s career began in Western Australia, where she advised major multinational mining and resources companies, with a particular focus on industrial litigation. Since moving to Sydney, Sophie’s practice has expanded to include working with some of the firm’s key clients in the construction, infrastructure, banking and healthcare industries.
She also regularly advises clients in relation to the employee relations implications of operational restructures, outsourcings and acquisitions (including transfer of business implications), workplace investigations disciplinary processes, performance management processes and managing ill and injured workers, and conducts workplace training.
Sophie’s experience includes:
- providing in house HR advisory support on a range of employee management issues to a large building and construction client
- advising a leading construction business on bargaining issues arising as a result of the introduction of the Code for the Tendering and Performance of Building Work 2016
- advising a global financial services business in relation to complex restraint of trade related litigation in the Supreme Court of NSW
- advising the Department of Family and Community Services on the employment related aspects of its Social Housing Management Transfer project
- advising global mining and infrastructure organisations on collective bargaining programs in Australia