Sophie is a member of Herbert Smith Freehills' Southeast Asia disputes practice, in Singapore. Her practice focuses on cross-border litigation and international arbitration, with a focus on the energy sector. She has advised on disputes across multiple Asian jurisdictions including Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Philippines and Mongolia.
Sophie relocated to Asia in 2019 after practicing as a litigation and arbitration lawyer at a Paris-based law firm. She has appeared before French civil and commercial courts as well as in arbitration proceedings.
Sophie's experience includes advising:
- a project company on issues arising out of the construction of a large refinery and petrochemical project, involving claims under and in relation to an EPC contract
- a Southeast Asian oil and gas company on various claims following the termination of certain gas supply arrangements in the Middle East
- a Southeast Asian power company in an emergency SIAC arbitration in Singapore and a related arbitration in India
- a renewable energy company in a dispute with a Central Asian state and a state-owned power purchaser for issues arising out of a long term power purchase agreement and government guarantee
- a global hotel chain in various disputes with hotel owners arising from the performance or the termination of management services agreements
Sophie obtained her master's degree in economic law from Sciences Po Paris and a master’s degree in international business law from Panthéon Assas University. She qualified as a French avocat in January 2017 and is a member of the Paris Bar.
Sophie is fluent in English, French (native) and Italian.