Sophia has experience in complex commercial disputes across a range of sectors including joint venture, financial products, construction, employment and general contractual disputes. She has experience representing clients in both litigation proceedings in Hong Kong and international arbitrations.
Based in Hong Kong, Sophia has worked in the firm’s Beijing and Shanghai offices. She is qualified in Hong Kong and has obtained the PRC Legal Professional Qualification Certificate.
Sophia’s experience includes advising:
- a bank on defending claims brought by customers relating to alleged mis-selling of financial products
- a leading Chinese state-owned engineering company on defending claims brought by a Turkish company in the SIAC concerning the sale and purchase of an electricity distribution and sales company
- a joint venture shareholder in an ICC arbitration arising under the shareholders' agreement
- a petroleum producer on fraud claims and proceedings against various defendants for tracing and recovery of assets
- an engineering company in respect of personal injury claims arising from a significant workplace accident in Hong Kong
Sophia obtained a bachelor's degree in law from Tsinghua University and a master degree from Oxford University. She speaks Mandarin, English and Cantonese.