Somers is a corporate lawyer specialising in the real estate sector, advising clients on a range of corporate real estate transactions including acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and structured investments.
Working within the real estate team, Somers combines corporate expertise with real estate sector knowledge and experience. He has advised clients on some of the highest profile corporate real estate transactions in the UK market.
Somers's experience includes advising:
- a large European fund on the disposal of its real estate assets across the UK
- Oxford Properties on the sale of the 47 storey Leadenhall Building at 122 Leadenhall, London (formerly known as "the Cheesegrater") to CC Land for £1.15 billion
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its 50:50 joint venture with BT Pension Fund at Milton Park, Oxfordshire (one of Europe's largest business, science and technology parks)
- Blackstone on a high value acquisition of a logistics and light industrial portfolio
- Almacantar on the mixed use residential, office and leisure redevelopment of Marble Arch Tower and the related affordable housing scheme at Edgware Road, including the £400 million development loan facility