Smriti's practice is focussed on acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and project development within the renewable energy, oil and gas, power, infrastructure, and mining sectors.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Smriti worked at the Singapore office of a US law firm.
Smriti's experience includes advising:
- Armstrong Asset Management on the sale of a 40MW solar portfolio in Thailand and a 39.4MW wind farm in Vietnam
- Chevron on the sale of its upstream interests in the Malampaya Gas Project in the Philippines to Udenna Corporation
- PTT Exploration and Production Company and its subsidiary in connection with its acquisition of Murphy Oil's subsidiaries in Malaysia*
- a confidential client in relation to acquisition of an interest in a solar power business in India
- a confidential client in relation to developing a solar power project in Bangladesh*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Smriti obtained her B.A., LLB. (Hons.) from the National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata, India and her LL.M. from Columbia Law School, New York. She is qualified to practice law in New York, England & Wales and India.
Smriti is fluent in English, Hindi and Bengali.