Sky advises clients on Australian consumer credit and retail banking laws, personal property securities laws, Australian financial services and credit licensing, prudential regulations, consumer protection laws in relation to financial products and financial services, anti-money laundering and privacy legislation. She works with a wide range of clients including banks (domestic and foreign), superannuation funds, fintechs, general and life insurers, asset managers and major corporations.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Sky was an in-house legal counsel for a major Australian insurance and bank corporation at which she developed practical commercial acumen and a solid understanding of how banks and in-house legal teams operate. Sky is bilingual and is fluent in both English and Korean.
Sky’s recent experience includes the following:
- advising on the unfair contract terms regime for banks and payment systems providers
- revising business banking documents for an Australian bank to ensure compliance with Banking Code of Practice 2019
- assisting with the implementation of the Banking Executive Accountability Regime for an Australian bank
- drafting AML/CTF Programs for various clients to suit the nature of their businesses
- advising on the implementation of Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay as in-house counsel for an Australian bank
Sky graduated from the University of Queensland and holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Arts (Extended Major in International Relations). Sky was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2016 and joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2018.