Siva specialises in aviation financing and leasing (including operating leasing, tax leasing and structured finance) and his clients include export credit agencies, financial institutions, operating lessors and airlines. He also has expertise in other large-ticket assets including rolling stock, film, infrastructure and ground-handling equipment).
His experience includes advising:
- SIA and Scoot on its first secured commercial financing of around S$1.5bn with respect to 6 x A350s and 4 x B787s, from a syndicate of banks led by ANZ and MUFG
- SilkAir on the structured operating lease financing of 5 x B737-800s, and the sale-and-leaseback of B737s from Pembroke (and subsequent novations)
- BNPP, Westpac and NEC on the JOLCO financing of 1 x B777F for BoComm Leasing and operated by Etihad, with equity arranged by FPG.
- Avolon on the restructuring of operating leases of 6 x Airbus family aircraft to various PRC airlines through FTZs
- NTTF, DBJ and KfW on the JOLCO financing of 1 x B787 for AeroMexico, with equity arranged by NTTF
Siva obtained Bachelor's degrees in Economics and Law from the University of Sydney, Australia, and a Master's degree in International Law from the University of London. He was admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales, Australia in 1995 and England and Wales in 1998.